Monday, December 10, 2007

Mary Rollo-From Valeda

My grandmother: Mary ROLLO was born April 4, 1865 in Moers Fork, NY in Clinton County -died in May, 1950 - her parents were Charles Rollo and Josephine N. (Nephew) Rollo. My uncle Henry was born a mear two months after the marriage. So....ROLLO was her maiden name

- The Rouleau you refer to was Isaac's (my grandfather) first wife named Melinda Rouleau - she died at age 31 - Melinda Rouleau Seguin and Isaac had five children:
Joseph
(John) Edward
Alfred
(Joseph) Albert
Hermaline - lived to age 30
I knew all four men and visited them often as did they vist us - Edward, Alfred, Albert all lived near us.
Joseph lived in NY.

Isaac married my grandmother, Mary. She took in the boys and they had another 5 children.
Mary married a third time to LaBarge - no kids with this marriage/my brother said THEY WERE TOO OLD. I say, finally.

I do know that she was married to ??????????? and had children with 'whoever' - maybe a Fecteau or facteau - I think three girls. Not sure but sounds sort of familiar. Growing up, I could never get step or half siblings right. My mother went over and over it again & again - I think only she understood the family. I will have to ask my sister-in-law - the one in the nursing home who is my storehouse of information.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again - I think Mary's second husband was named FACTO - Minnie,
who married my uncle Joe, came with a father who married Mary (uncle
Joe was Isaac and Melinda's son) - Joe and Minnie were not related
but were step siblings - I am not sure if Mary had any children with
the Facto Husband - I do know that Minnie's maiden name was Facto -
she may have had other siblings - the ones who lived in Canada - It
all got really muddled when I was young because my mother called Joe
her brother and Minnie her sister/joe being her half brother and
Minnie being her step sister. Are you confused at this writing?

ISAAC SEGUIN - First marriage was to Melinda Rouleau - 5 kids
Second " was to Mary Rollo - 5 kids

MARY ROLLO - First - marriage was to Isaac Seguin - 5 kids
plus the 5 step kids
Second - " was to ???
Facto ?? kids plus ?? step kids
Third - " was to ???
LaBarge NO KIDS

2 comments:

jms5294 said...

Mary Rollo (father Charles Rollo - Mother Josephine Nephew) marriages goes like this: Facto - Seguin - LaBarge

jms5294 said...

Mary Rollo (father Charles Rollo - Mother Josephine Nephew) marriages goes like this: Facto - Seguin - LaBarge